Thursday, April 21, 2011

Tasty Thursday Dinner Idea ~ Grilled Chicken Garden Salad w/ Homemade Dressing

Yum! After a long day of work and workouts, nothing sounds better to me on a warm evening than a light grilled chicken garden salad with a light homemade dressing. When my fiance and I have salad dinner nights, we like to have a "do-it-yourself-soupplantation-type salad bar". I round up whatever veggies are left in the fridge, grill or poach a protein (chicken or shrimp are my personal favorites) and just start chopping.






The key to a great salad is:

1.) a variety of veggies

and

2.) a great dressing


I make my dressing with extra light olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, balsamic vinegar, lots of lemon juice, a little brown mustard, kosher salt, parsley and basil.



Some of my favorite do-it-yourself-salad bar veggies include:

- Avocado

- Tomato

- Roasted Veggies (red pepper, onion, mushrooms)

- Corn

- Kidney and Garbanzo Beans

1 comment:

  1. Jessie...
    I enjoy your blog so much. I have given you a lovely blog award. Please pick it up at http://takingbackmylifemakingitmyown.blogspot.com/2011/10/day-145-spook-ta-boo-lar-day.html

    Enjoy!!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete