Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fitness Frenzy? What's this all about?

In regards to my workout addiction, I have heard it all from, "You are absolutely crazy" and "Why do you put yourself through this" to " I wish I had your dedication". So what if 90% of my Facebook wall posts are check-ins at the nearest gym or updates about my newest health endeavors and my idea of happy hour is a walk around the bay with my besties! Most of my close friends and family realize that my obsession with diet & exercise is just part of who I am, the way that I am wired while others think it is purely crazy.

I am not sure if you would call me the classic yo-yo dieter, or maybe I am a sucker for all those exercise and diet advertisements and infomercials, or quite possibly I just have a basic addiction to a good workout. All I know is that I never feel better than when I am walking out of the gym covered in sweat! I am definitely not the classic "skinny girl" we see at the gym ALL hours of the day, counting EVERY single calorie; more like the girl that clocks in a good workout at least once a day and counts calories only when I am on a diet that calls for it. I think my obsession for breaking a good sweat comes from my passion for good food and even better wine (yum)! In order to let myself indulge on special occasions and avoid my "BIG BONED" Italian genes, I started working out and found it to be the greatest stress relief and the best "me" time that I could ever ask for.

Whether I'm grocery shopping for a new diet that I plan to start on Monday or I'm on a new workout kick, I always have a few comical stories, enlightening findings or helpful hints to go along with these crazy wellness adventures. Consider me your guinea pig in experimenting the latest and greatest diets, partaking in innovative exercise routines and scoping out the hottest health and nutrition secrets. In the past eight years, a few of the many programs I have participated in include, the Cabbage Soup Detox, Medifast Weight Loss Program, Atkins, Bikram Yoga, Hot Yoga, Turbo Kickboxing, Beachbody Workouts and preparing for races. With new routines and regimens popping up every day, I know many more stories and adventures are sure to come. I promise to get down to the nitty-gritty...the important stuff...what works, what doesn't work, what is worth the time & energy and of course the things the advertisers don't tell us. You can rest assured that me and my type-A personality will put 110% into each wellness endevour and report back to you with all that you need to know (most likely even more)!

No comments:

Post a Comment