Saturday, October 9, 2010

Saturday's Skinny-Chick Cocktail

Having a dinner party? Inviting the girls over before heading downtown? Cozying up at home with your netflix? Whatever you have planned for your Saturday evening, it's always nice to take the edge off after a long week with a cocktail... or two. Once in a while I crave those fruity-girly-high calorie drinks that me and all my girlfriends aggressively ordered at the bar immediately after turning 21! Nowadays, I just can't enjoy sipping those fun and fruity drinks without analyzing all the other savory foods I could be consuming for the same amount of calories. I always end up ordering the same boring old "Vodka Soda" and every now and then will add a splash or cranberry- living on the edge, ha!

BUT now we can enjoy those sex-in-the-city type drinks with half the calories. I will be hunting down, researching and experimenting with lower-calorie/lower-guilt concauctions of our favorite drinks for Saturday's Skinny-Chick Cocktail posts.

This week try this slimmed down version of one of my favorite girly drinks, the apple-tini!
Hey why not...its simple, its skinny and it's SATURDAY!

Apple-slim-tini
Combine one shot of apple vodka with diet sprite (club soda or 7up will also work) and a splash of light lemonade Mix in a martini shaker with ice. For a cute presentation, garnish with a green apple.

1 comment: