Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tasty Thursday!



If you are anything like me, you start your weeks off motivated, with a full refrigerator and great intentions to cook healthy meals throughout the week. Monday and Tuesday are successful with well-balanced meals but as the week progresses, the meals and motivation start to dwindle. By Thursday, running down the street to grab some pick-up starts to sound really good. I need some type of inspiration to get in that kitchen again to prepare something healthy! To provide that inspiration - TASTY THURSDAY was derived! I will provide an Easy & Healthy recipe from my favorite meal plans, magazines and websites each Thursday. Hopefully this will inspire you to keep up the momentum of preparing healthy meals through the week. These meals are simple enough if you are cooking for one, but yummy enough if you decide to also cook for your honey or best friend!


Today's Recipe: Chicken Meatballs with Steamed Green Veggie from Insanity Meal Plan
I personally get discouraged when I see too many ingredients in a recipe, so let's start super simple this week with one of my favorite Insanity dinner recipes. These chicken meatballs are a great and healthy substitute to your traditional meatballs.



Servings: 1

Ingredients:

  • 3 ounces lean ground chicken (sometimes I substitute with turkey...which ever is on sale at the store!)
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 tablespoon seasoned bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup whole-grain pasta, cooked
  • 1/2 cup tomato sauce ( I suggest seasoning with some Italian seasonings and herbs)
  • 1 cup green beans, steamed ( I personally prefer broccoli or brussel sprouts)

Directions: Mix ground chicken with egg white and seasoned bread crumbs. Form mixture into small meatballs, place on a baking sheet, and bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve chicken meatballs over whole-grain pasta and toss with tomato sauce. Serve with steamed green veggies.


No comments:

Post a Comment