Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tasty Thursday ~ Perfectly Pear Pork Chops

My low dinner expectations that I based on my close-to-empty refrigerator were turned completely around last night when my fiance and I came up with our own pork chop with cinnamon pear concoction. It was the perfect combination of sweet and savory, low calorie, low carb and most importantly delicious! I decided to share our dinner with you tonight for Tasty Thursday. When we cook in my kitchen, it is a pinch of that and a splash of this, so please hang in there with me and my personal recipe without exact measurements. Perfectly Pear Pork Chops Ingredients:

  • 2 Pears (cored, skinned and cut into wedges)

  • Ground Cinnamon (1-2 tablespoons or a few "dashes of cinnamon")

  • Honey (1-2 tablespoons or "drizzle" over the pears to taste)

  • Lemon Juice (2 tablespoons or a couple "squirts")

  • 2 Pork Chops

  • Kosher Salt (to taste)

  • Fresh Ground Pepper (to taste)

  • Bread Crumbs (we chooose to use very minimal bread crumbs, but this is up to you)

  • Green Veggie (seasoned and prepared as you wish)

Directions:


1.) Skin pears and cut into bite sized wedges. Combine into a saucepan with lemon juice, cinnamon and honey. Cook on medium uncovered for 3-4 minutes and then cover on low for 10-12 minutes.


2.) Preheat the grill for medium-high heat.


3.) Season pork chops with olive oil, salt, pepper and breadcrumbs. 4.) Prepare your favorite green veggie. I grilled chopped asaparagus seasoned with lemon juice, light olive oil and fresh garlic. 5.) Grill pork chops with light olive oil or cooking spray. Cook on each side for about 5 minutes or to desired wellness. While my fiance and many recipes call for 3-5 minutes on each side, I prefer a good 6-8 minutes on each side (pink meat freaks me out). 6.)Plate pork chops with green veggies. Pour pears over pork chops. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment