Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Now this is INSANE!!!




After finishing my first month on the Beachbody Insanity program, I thought I had it all figured out and was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't as challenging as I first expected. I enjoyed a nice "Recovery Week" with lower-impact cardio and balance exercises and was getting excited for the second month which included Max Interval Plyo, Max Interval Circuit Training and Max Cardio Conditioning DVDs. WOW! The intensity is definitely intensified in the month two DVDs! The 35-45 minute workouts are increased to 55-60 minutes and the warm-up followed by two sets of interval drills is advanced to three sets of drills and the exercises in each set are definitely INSANE! The Beachbody advertisements suggest that up to 1,000 calories can be burned in each exercise...during the first month I was skeptical about this claim, but now after a week with the new DVDs, I am starting to believe. That is, if I could actually finish every single drill, set and exercise which I am still working on. I am looking forward to the next three weeks of pure insanity and hope to report back with some great results! If you don't hear back from me, call 911- I may be passed out on my living room floor!! Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment